Trump Says US “Locked And Loaded” After Massive Attacks On Saudi Pipeline

first published on September 16, 2019 by

The world erroneously breathed a sigh of relief after John Bolton’s firing by Trump last week, thinking tensions between the West and Iran would be alleviated, but after Saturday’s massive attacks by Iranian-backed Houthi rebels against Saudi oil pipelines, we may be on the cusp of substantial US military action against Iran and its allies.

trump



Yemen-based, Iranian-facilitated Houthi rebels claimed responsibility for Saturday’s attacks against Saudi Arabia’s Abqaiq processing facility and Khurais oil field, which has shut down major pipelines and is costing the Saudi’s 5.7 million barrels of oil output per day.

The attacks are likely to cause a serious rise in fuel prices across the Western world as oil supplies dwindle. Reports are claiming the deficit of oil distribution will take weeks to recover from.

Although Houthis claimed responsibility for the attack, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo flat out implicated Iran, without even mentioning the Houthis. The attack, which may have consisted of 10 drones or cruise missiles, was too sophisticated to have been concocted and carried out by the primitive Houthi insurgency.



Pompeo sees the attack as an obvious Iranian response to targeted airstrikes by Israeli war planes against Iranian military targets in Syria, Iraq, and Lebanon.

In a tweet, President Trump said, “Saudi Arabia oil supply was attacked … There is reason to believe that we know the culprit, are locked and loaded depending on verification, but are waiting to hear from the Kingdom as to who they believe was the cause of this attack, and under what terms we would proceed!”

Iran denied the allegations that it was responsible for the attack.

Loading...

Trending Gun Videos