first published on December 11, 2015 by Will
5. Gora Yamantau, Russia – Mount Yamantau “wicked mountain” is in the Ural Mountains of Russia. It is believed by many to be the site of a nuclear facility and doomsday bunker. Excavations on the site began in the 1990’s, and the site houses military garrisons that are supplied and supported by rail. Russia has made varying statements on the actual use of the site saying that it is a mining site, a repository for Russian treasures, a food storage area, and a bunker for leaders in case of nuclear war. However, the official Russian response was: “The practice does not exist in the Defense Ministry of Russia of informing foreign mass media about facilities, whatever they are, that are under construction in the interests of strengthening the security of Russia.” Many believe the site is part of the “Death Hand” automated systems that will launch nuclear missiles if sensors detect that Russia has been hit by nuclear weapons.
4. Sanya Submarine Base, China – Before dredging and constructing man-made islands for military purposes in the South China Sea, the Chinese military built a major underground nuclear submarine base on the southern tip of Hainan island. The base has the ability to house up to 20 nuclear subs, and although China doesn’t have that many subs, they are working on it. The island base is very near extremely deep water, so subs can come and go undetected.
3. Porton Down, England – Britain is home to the oldest chemical warfare research installation in the world. The Porton facility has an extremely dark past in which thousands of members of the armed forces were duped into volunteering to be lab rats for terrible nerve agent experiments. Today, the Porton facility is still in operation, but is claimed to be only researching defensive measures against gas attacks. However, some believe the horrifying experiments have evolved and expanded.
2. Pine Gap, Australia – The secret Australian research facility known as “Pine Gap” is used, officially, as a satellite tracking station. More specifically, the U.S. and Australia control spy satellites from the secluded site in order to intercept communications from various terror targets and Asian governments.
1. Dugway Proving Ground – Deep in the vast desert of western Utah lies a secret U.S. Army base. The official purpose of the post is to test U.S. and Allied biological and chemical weapon defense systems in a secure and isolated environment. The base is also used as a training/maneuver area by various military units including the Special Forces.
Dugway’s activities resulted in the 1968 “Sheep Kill Incident” in which several thousand local ranchers’ sheep were exposed to VX nerve gas. Earlier this year, Dugway made the news by inadvertently shipping live Anthrax samples to nine different U.S. states. Many believe that due to Area 51’s popularity, the secret U.S. military U.F.O. spaceport transferred operations to the more low key Dugway facility.